It's Spring and it's time to dust off the grills and cook up some delicious hamburgers. Avocados from Mexico put the Sweet Life cooks to the challenge to create an amazing recipe using the finest Haas avocados. Haas avocados have dark bumpy skin and the creamy green fruit inside. We went to work thinking about what we would love and what would you our readers would love. We came up with our Avocado Stuffed Seven Layer Burger.
Our Avocado Stuffed Burger is so tasty and so easy to make. You will be the talk of the grill for years to come when you serve it up to your dinner guests.
Avocado Stuffed 7 Layer Burger
- 1 lbs Angus Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Sweet Cream Butter
- 1 Small Grated White Onion
- 1 Haas Avocado from Mexico
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Butter Lettuce
- Slicing Tomato
- Sliced Jalapenos (optional)
Take one quarter pound ball and divide into two balls. Shape each ball into a thin hamburger patty. Place thinly sliced pepper jack cheese and thinner sliced pieces of avocados in the center of on the the patties. Place the second patty on top and pinch together the edges to seal in the cheese and avocado. Repeat with the remaining 1/4 pound balls of meat.
Grill stuffed hamburgers on medium heat until medium well done.
Layer sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, tomato and lettuce on a nice fresh kaiser roll Enjoy!
Sweet & Simple Tips:
- Butter is a must in this burger. It adds a caramelized richness to the layers of flavor.
- This burger can also be cooked in a frying pan on the stove top.
- For an excellent Fresh Homemade Hamburger Bun we have a great recipe in the Mid-Summer 2011 issue of Simply the Sweet Life Magazine