The hottest of the summer days are here. Our Rainbow pasta salad is cool, refreshing and perfect for dinner. We call it our Rainbow Pasta Salad not because the pasta is multi-colored but because it is packed full of a rainbow of vegetables. It is my favorite thing to eat all summer long. Adding cheese makes it a complete meal in a bowl. I also love to take this pasta salad on picnics and to bbq's. Plus, it's super easy to make and you can add in your summer garden harvest.
Rainbow Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked fusilli pasta
- 1 pint of NatureSweet SunBursts tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped raw broccoli
- 1 cup chopped raw cauliflower
- 1/2 chopped raw carrots
- 1 can of large black olives
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 16 ounce bottle Sundried Tomato salad dressing (we use Organicville brand)
Chill cooked pasta until cold. In a large glass serving bowl add in tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and olives. Chop basil then add to bowl. Chop mozzarella into small squares then add to bowl. Pour tomato basil salad dressing over the mixture then toss together. Let set in refrigerator for at least 1 hour for flavors to blend. Enjoy!
thanks to NatureSweet for the tomatoes!