Wrapping a favorite candy bar in a decorative paper is a tried and true gift but why not take it a bit farther.
- Choose a pretty craft paper such as the Dear Lizzy Christmas Sledding Song paper from American Crafts. I love this paper because it has the words to Jingle Bells on it as well as a cute sleighing couple.
- Cut the paper the same size as the original wrapper.
- Wrap paper around the candy bar.
- Glue ends together.
- Add a pretty ribbon such as this rouge velvet ribbon and the white small pom poms from American Crafts.
- I added a vintage velvet holly leaf. You could add any sort of holiday embellishment.
These lovely mini-gifts are perfect for:
- party favors- use paper & ribbon that coordinates with your party colors
- gift card holders- tuck an envelope under the wrapper with a gift card. I made sure the envelope stays in place with some Glue Dots.
- attach it to some updated picture of your family and kids for Grandma & Grandpa
- have on hand to pass out to unexpected visitors
- add a tag with your guest's name and use as a place card for your holiday dinner
post & photo by April A. founder & editor-in-chief