Fall food means caramel recipes. Our simple caramel recipe is made in the microwave. It's very easy to make. No candy thermometer is needed. The caramel can be used to dip apples, pears or other autumn fruits. It can also be rolled into soft caramels. Add nuts for the nut lover.
Easy Microwave Caramels
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
Sweet & Simple Tips:
- Chill your apples to help prevent caramel from running off your apples
- Use hot pads when you handle the bowl it will be hot!
- Cut squares of vellum paper or wax paper squares to place under your finished Caramel Apples
- Cut wax paper squares to wrap your caramels
- Sprinkle some Fluer De Sel Salt on Caramel Pears/Apples for added flavor
post & photo by April A. founder & editor-in-chief